Don't just take our word for it! Other visitors recommend these weekend getaways!
Atlantian Cyclist Getaway
- The train departs Atlanta at 8 A.M. and arrives to Anniston at 10:20 A.M.
*Did you know Amtrak has some cars that include bike racks, new in 2014?
- Disembark the train on West 4th Street in Anniston and ride your bike two blocks east to Noble Street. There you can ride 10 blocks north to Wig’s Wheels Downtown Anniston and rent a mountain bike for the day.
- Wig will give you exact directions, but riders can complete around 25-30 miles from Downtown Anniston to Coldwater’s Bomb Dog or other trails.
- After your ride, head downtown to Cheaha Brewing, Peerless, Classic, Mata’s, The Vic or one of the other great restaurants downtown.
- Return bikes to Wig’s
- Then, head over to Victoria Inn for a shower and check in.
- That night, check out some of the great live music venues in downtown Anniston, including but not limited to Peerless, Cheaha Brewing, Smoking Moose and more!
- Early the next morning, head out for the 101 mile ride from downtown Anniston along the Chief Ladiga Trail and catch the Silver Comet Trail all the way to Atlanta.
- One trip, no cars. A fantasy for Atlantians.
More coming soon...